Doors Open Day
DOORS OPEN DAY 2016
Saturday 24th September 2016
The Miraculous by Raphael Rubinstein with Maeve Redmond & Sophie Dyer – last day
Reproductive! by Kenny Hunter exhibition – last day
Work by Edinburgh Sculpture Workshop Members
– Architect’s Tour of the Bill Scott Sculpture Centre by lead architect
– Architect’s Tour of the Creative Laboratories, by lead architect
– Assistant Director’s Tour by Gordon Munro
– Director’s Tour by Irene Kernan
– Two tours of The Miraculous by Assistant Curator, Peter Amoore
– Two tours of Reproductive, by Curator, Research, Dan Brown
TWO WORKSHOPS – SIGN UP ON THE DAY
Ceramics Taster Workshop with Charlotte Barker
30 minutes workshops at 12pm & 2pm, 6 spaces on each workshop
Glaze and take home small pieces of pottery fired at super-speed in a microwave kiln and make multi-coloured mini pots and sculptures with marbled clay.
Plaster Collage Taster Workshop with Jack Cheetham
20 minute workshops at 1pm, 1pm, 1.30pm, 2pm, 2.30pm, 6 spaces on each
This taster workshop will introduce mould-making and casting techniques. Participants will select objects from a collection of ‘things’ and produce cast reliefs and sculptures in plaster.
Meet artists in their studios, hear about their work and practice, and maybe buy something unique.
ARCHITECTURE, INNOVATION & DESIGN
Architectural and design features and innovations will be highlighted around the building in a series of posters.
A range of delicious snacks and drinks with seating indoor and outdoor.